Friday, May 16, 2014

Wow.

Over 100k hits in one day on my blog from Popped Culture being featured on Huffington Post. Kind of nuts.

Thank you so much for all of the good words, people of the web. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart.

Now, I know, the characters I am painting are gross, scary and dark. But I am not a crazy person. I have two lovely cats (okay, may be semi-crazy), and I like to think I'm an okay guy.

But the reason I am drawing these are for an upcoming book of mine and my friend Alex Konstad, called Popped Culture. It will be childhood characters, re-imagined through the twisted culture of Hollywood and its corruptive ways.

We will be running a Kickstarter this summer, so keep your eyes out.

Follow me on Facebook for Updates

Follow me on Twitter for Updates

or if you guys want PRINTS!


best,
Dan 

PS: Here's a new tease: 


4 comments:

mirmusicmanchester said...

Awesome work, you are extremely talented, keep it up!

Jeron said...

Really great, compelling work, Dan. Keep it up. Looking forward to supporting the Kickstarter.

Sophie Santerre said...

This is badass! Please do a Disney Princess criminal / dark version...I know it has somewhat been done but none had your talent!!! Your work is amazing!

Sophie Santerre said...

This is badass! Please do a Disney Princess criminal / dark version...I know it has somewhat been done but none had your talent!!! Your work is amazing!